Thursday, July 18, 2013

The best name in football?

Could be a commentator's nightmare

This kind of answers the question posed in the previous post

So who has the greatest name in football? Past and present there are great contenders. Sven Bender is my current favorite (sorry for the spelling). He's also part of the Bender brothers, so that elevates him in the list. Then there is Stefan Kuntz,  Danny Shittu, Rod Fanni and Paul Dickov, but my favorite has to be this Dutch defender from the 80s and 90s…


Childish I know, but makes me laugh, so I don't care!

Got any better suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I forgot Dean Windass, and seems there was an East German player called Ralf Minge too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best team name?

    Deportivo Wanka has to rank up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny Shittu, the pride of Millwall and Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete